Wednesday, March 7, 2012

love and marriage goes together like a horse and carraige


Tomorrow, March 9th, it will be four years since I married Bob. We got married on Jones Bay Wharf on a Sunny (not so much today) Sydney Sunday evening. It was lovely.
Geez, I love this guy.
Bob, you are the sweetest, most kind-hearted soul I know. You have a big heart and a genius mind and I want to be like you when I grow up.

Here is a poem I wrote him a couple years ago. Our friend (Nate) printed it for us in his ridiculously beautiful penmanship, and it hangs on our bedroom wall. Nate's wife (Jaynie) says that the most important thing about love is staying in love. And I quite agree. I think love matters and means the most when it's boring and mundane but remains.

Enjoy.

***

something for love

and every day I am happy to be with you, my dear
sitting opposite each other sipping coffee
waking up to you
saying goodnight to you
dreaming as I lay next to you
driving in the car with you
solving our problems
one ride at a time

and you, my dear,
will never go away
and I will never go away
and we will be the same two lovers
song-birds even
singing our songs of hope

it will never end
and we will go on singing
until we finally arrive where we are heading…
home.


© 2011 Lauren Stamper

No comments:

Post a Comment