Friday, January 27, 2012

A lament (part one)

When you went away
a piece of me died too.
And I miss you:

Not like a favourite TV show that went off the air in the nineties,
or an old song I used to listen to on cassette in high school and can't find anywhere.
Not like cheap petrol prices
or when everyone was fine with tap water.

But more like a piece of the land (Home) burned away by the Fire,
or like grandmother's mother's jewels taken one night by thieves dressed in black.
Perhaps like a rib
(my insides).

You, the sweetest one -
Irreplaceable,
Irresistible (to everyone, my dear).

And I'm glad we're all allowed some broken parts,
we all leave here a little messy in the end.
Our pages yellow and rolled up - corners folded in
by everyone.


So now I'm old, grey and soft around the edges.
Too grey for this colourful world.
Too soft for this firm and hard humanity.

And I still miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment