Friday, January 27, 2012

some love and some loss

In 2003 I moved to the USA. To cut a long story short I ended up studying Literature in college over there (in one of those classrooms where I would one day sit down next to the guy I would end up marrying). During this time I learned how to write. I fell in love with it. I realized how much I had to say and how I could create whatever I wanted to with words. Words are the most wonderfully powerful and magical little creations we have. The stuff we say and the stuff we write can (for better or worse) change lives, and change the world.

The poem below is about love and loss. Everyone in the world has lost something.

No matter what the journey has been like for you, me, the person next to you, or the person sitting across from you - we all know loss. It's a part of life that puts us all on the same page. We all understand what it's like to miss someone or something, and how sometimes when you lose that irreplaceable person, place or thing, you lose a little piece of yourself in the meanwhile. This poem talks about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment