Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Lament

you, the sweetest one
irreplaceable
irresistible (to everyone, my dear)

when you went away
a piece of me died too

and I miss you
not like a favourite television show that went off the air in the nineties
or an old song I used to listen to on cassette in high school and can't find anywhere
not like cheap petrol prices or when everyone was fine with tap water
more like a piece of land - home
burned away by the Fire
or like grandmother's jewels
taken one night by thieves dressed in black
perhaps like a rib

we all leave here a little messy in the end
our pages yellow and rolled up
corners folded in by everyone

so now I'm old, grey and soft around the edges
too grey for this bright world
too soft for this stone humanity
and I still miss you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment